Imperial Knight Part 3…………………………………………..

Posted: April 29, 2015 in Adeptus Mechanicus

So I am still under the weather with this cold showing no signs of easing off, so hobby time has been rather sparse. the few hours that I have managed to  grab have been very productive. Firstly my Knight paladin has had his transfers added and partially weathered with weathering powders (I still need to add some dust to the carapace). I also tackled the base with some floor tiles, low wall sections and lots of sprue rubble and sand.DSCN0602DSCN0605 DSCN0606

Their are still a few bits to do the eyes and exhust vents need some work, and the body, arms, shoulder pads and carapace are all un-glued.

Now I wanted to add a second Knight, and so out of the money I got for my birthday I picked up a second model. Now I knew I wanted it to be a Knight Errant (armed with a thermal cannon rather than a battle cannon) but I also wanted it armed with a power fist rather than a reaper chainsword. A quick search of the internet found a few results but I ended up using this one as the base of the idea.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.735501709802439.1073741909.152294311456518&type=1

I just replaced the plastic sprue with various plastic square and round tubing. (I have put the power fist “on hold” at the moment as it would seem that GW are (re-?) releasing a new Knight kit with new weapons and carapace mounted weapons in two weeks time.

Secondly I wanted to alter the pose of the model by repositioning the legs, again a search of the internet brought up quite a few ideas, but in the end I went with this one.

http://quindiastudios.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/go-big-or-go-home-imperial-knights.html

Now I followed the conversion very closely, the only change I made was the toes on the right leg (the one on the ruined wall) I cut a small “V” in the underside leaving about 1mm of plastic at the top of the “ribbed” joint. I applyed some plastic glue and left it a few seconds and then bent it down and added a some more glue.

DSCN0607

DSCN0608 DSCN0609

DSCN0610I started to paint up the armour panels first undercoating them white and then coating them with Army painter Dragon red spray. The panels that needed to be black were masked with fine line tape and masking tape and sprayed black. The shin guard and carapace with the “hazard” makings on were uncoated white and then sprayed Averland Sunset from my air brush. Then when dry were masked with fine line tape and sprayed black. When the “hazard” stripes were dry, they were masked up and the centre section was sprayed with Dragon Red.

I have also been doing some work on a squad of Skitarii, they are not far from being finished, just needing the under suit, pipe work, energy cells, and bases to be done.

DSCN0613

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s