Making My Moulds…….

Posted: July 8, 2013 in 7TV, Doctor Who
Tags: ,

Well last week i started making  mould for the OOP Warmachine models. Now when i first used RTV silicon it was a disaster and the silicon was wasted that was many years ago. Then a few years ago i needed some Urban Rubble bases for my Blood Angels and i decided to give it another go, And so i made a set of master bases, and a mould. Poured the silicon and shut my eyes and prayed, well it worked and i saved myself loads of time by casting my own bases.

Well now i have tried to make a 2 part mould and i have to say it worked, i removed the two guns from the model as they would have

been way too flimsy for the mould.

IMG_0637[1] IMG_0638[1]

My first test pour is shown on the right and their are a few air bubbles that need fixing with some green stuff but overall i am pleased with the results. I have also made a mould for the Yeti models from the 2nd doctors adventures “The Abominable Snowmen” and “The Web Of Fear”. But that mould needs a little longer to set, Hopefully i will get some time to work on the warmachine later today………..

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s